Virtual Gator Resume Dash / Elevator Pitch
Come and get your resume reviewed and/or practice your elevator pitch with employers from various industries! Participating employers include: ExxonMobil, Chevron, FerVID, Katoen Natie (KTN)
For now, just RSVP so you can generate a reminder from the system. **An RSVP is NOT required in order to participate in this event.**
We will be using the MDCOB Career Center UHD Zoom system for this event.
DAY OF EVENT LOGISTICS AND INFORMATION
- Make sure you download and review the Resume Review Guide provided within this listing.
- Access https://uhd.zoom.us/j/7132215011 Make sure you input the official name you are registered as with UHD and also provide your UHD email and/or PeopleSoft ID (this is especially important if you will receive extra credit in a class for participating).
- Enter Passcode: 143774
- The "Waiting Room" feature is being used for this event so you will receive a message that you will be admitted to the event momentarily.
- Once admitted, you will be in the "Lobby" of the event and this places you in the queue to be seen.
- Student attendees will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis and all slots are preset to be 10 minutes in length max
- If you have a preference for a certain attending employer, please notify us via the chat feature while you are in the "Lobby" and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- Once it's your turn, you will be entered into a "Breakout Room" with an employer.
- Remember, this is your ONE-ON-ONE time with the employer representative so be polite, efficient, professional and respectful!
- Make sure you turn ON your audio. Turning on your video, so you can also be seen by the employer is up to you but it IS recommended.
- Make sure to share your screen in order to show the employer your resume (if you are practicing your elevator pitch instead, you will not need to share your screen). Also, make sure you send the employer your resume via the "file" option in the chat with the employer while in the "Breakout Room".
- Receive feedback from employer on your resume OR practice your elevator pitch.
- Once 10 minutes has passed, your time with the employer is over and they system will provide you with an option.
- We have found it is best if you click "End" to leave the event. However, after doing so, you may then re-enter the event if you'd like to see another employer and you will be placed in the queue again.
NOTE: Our team will be available during the entire event. If you have any issues prior to or during the event, please call us 713-221-5011 or use the “chat” feature within the event.
Thursday, September 9 at 9:00am