R.A.D Self-Defense Training
Registration for this class has closed. This class will be offered again in the future.
R.A.D. Self Defense Brochure
What is R.A.D.
- The Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) System is a program of realistic, self-defense tactics and techniques
- The foundation is in education and awareness
- A comprehensive course for women that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction, and avoidance
- Includes lectures, discussion, and self-defense techniques
- Suitable for women of all ages and abilities
What will you learn
- Defense against the most common attacks
- Basic techniques to get away from an aggressor
- Lifestyle awareness and empowerment to prevent attacks
How long is the class
- The class is 3 days long and usually split up into 3 sessions, one day a week. Each class is 4 hours long.
- You MUST attend all 3 classes to participate in the last class of simulation. Simulation is the physical application of all you learned in the first 3 classes.
- You will receive a certificate of completion signed by the RAD instructor
Classes are open to all UHD student, faculty, and staff (FEMALES ONLY)
Friday, November 5 at 11:00am